Elijah and Abigail’s Project

After hearing a story about a little girl who gave her money to help some missionaries in Africa, the kids were very curious about how they can use their money to help. Elijah has been growing in his interest of giving his money to God. When he finds money on the ground, he saves it to put in the offering plate on Sunday. He tells Abigail to do the same, but she is not quite there yet.

We discussed some different options of how to give and decided to buy a goat through World Vision for a needy family.

www.worldvision.org

The kids then decided to make crafts to sell in order to raise money. We have set up a shop on etsy where 90% of the proceeds will go toward the purchase of the goat (the other 10% covers materials and listing fees).

Please check out their shop and consider helping them as they seek to help others.

www.happy2give.etsy.com

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s