I have to sit back and take a second look at the things that happen in our house from day to day. I have to remember the verse that tells us to be quick to listen and slow to become angry. There are quite a few things that are seemingly frustrating in the moment that can turn in to moments of thankfulness if I just change my perspective.
– thank you Selah for pulling out the dvds from the shelf. I needed to stop and spend some time on the floor playing with you. (See above picture)
– thank you Abigail for throwing up on your sheets (poor girl). I was needing to change out the sheets and do some laundry.
– thank you to Selah for waking up at 5:30 this morning and not going back to sleep in time for me to go back to bed. It was nice to have some time to myself before the others got up.
Here are some things I hope to be able to say one day…
– thank you family for the clothes you leave on the floor and the dishes on the table, the handprints on the wall and juice stains on the floor … They remind me of how blessed I am to have a full, busy house.
– thank you seminary for teaching my husband to counsel others and teaching me to be content and secure in the Lord even when things seem outwardly crazy.
– thank you for the times in our lives when we walk in the valleys. They teach us what we need and what we don’t need.
I hope I’m growing in thankfulness. I’m praying for my perspective to change.
What are you thankful for?